Cost estimates to meet project needs
Determine steps needed to complete project
Ensure the project has all the needed permits
Ensure materials and budget needs are met
Ensure project is on time & on budget
Completion & Deficiency Follow up
Ensure project fulfills quality standards
General Contracting Process
BY USING US AS YOUR GENERAL CONTRACTOR YOU GET OUR CUSTOMER ASSURANCE WARRANTY TOO.
Tender and Construction Budget
We want the opportunity to build your project. The process starts with a cost estimate from blueprints and material take offs.
Our project management team meets with you, to find out how the space will be used; to get an idea of the preferences and budget.
We’ll take a look at all the documents that have been prepared in the previous Construction Drawings page.
All the information will be collected and analyzed during the Tender and Budget phase.
Tender and Construction Budget means the scope of work which includes, but is not limited to:
- conducting research
- interviewing all parties involved
- receiving and analyzing feedback
- evaluating existing documentation and conditions
- identifying and analyzing the needs and goals of the client and/or occupant(s)
- analyzing the space
- assessing project resources and limitations
- identifying life, safety and code requirements
As the General Contractor you will work with your Designer and the designer will work with the build crew who will see the project to completion as you have planned.
Tendering and Budgeting is a phase where the Designer administers the Client’s Contract for Construction with the General Contractor.
A successful construction project depends on careful Contract Fulfillment.
The scope of work of the Designer includes, but is not limited to:
- representing the Client’s interests during construction
- reviewing shop drawings of building components
- visiting the site
- attending regular progress meeting
With over 30+ years in the business we’ve been able to assist our clients with permits throughout Western Canada.
Each City has it’s own process when it comes to issuing permits, time lines vary and we’re here to assist with the guidelines,
forms, submission, inspections, reviews, etc.
Building permits ensure that the municipality has record of all development in the community in order to protect the interests of both the individual and the community as a whole. A building permit regulates construction so that health, fire, structural, and general safety standards are met.
It is illegal to start work without a permit. Anyone who starts work without a building permit is in contravention of the Building By-law and the Building Code Act and is therefore subject to financial and legal consequences. We will follow the correct process and keep you up to date every step of the way.
Trades Consultation and Coordination
We are here to ensure that the hard work of managing people is on our shoulders and the work gets done. We will communicate with all the possible trades and Coordinate the construction process to ensure a smooth project build.
We will meet with Stakeholders and manage every detail.
Stakeholders could include:
- Internal management
- Leaders in other departments
- Individual contributors to the project
Gather specs and requirements
- Success factors. (How do you know if this build was satisfactory?)
- Test specifications (such as how the test will be administered)
- Reports on the test and the success factors.
Make The Project Plan
Before you create the project schedule, you must consider what specific steps need to be done.
We've got the construction drawings now we need to put all the pieces together in a timely manner and on budget.
Don’t forget about risk management and how you will handle any issues or change requests that arise. You’ll also want to define the project scope in your project management plan so nothing goes off the rails.
Create The Project Budget
We help you with the following.
- The construction cost.
- Approvals fees.
- Planning costs
- Financing costs.
- Site investigations.
- Fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Allocate Your Resources Create a schedule
- Set start and due dates
- List estimated time
- Use native time tracking or your preferred integration
- Set dependencies
- View in a Calendar or Gantt Chart
Set your communication plan
A communication plan plays an important role in every project by:
- Creating written documentation everyone can turn to
- Setting clear expectations for how and when updates will be shared
- Increasing visibility of the project and status
- Providing opportunities for feedback to be shared
- Boosting the productivity of team meetings
- Ensuring the project continues to align with goals
Decide your communication method
There’s no single right way to communicate on a project. In fact, your communication plan can and should include a variety of communication methods. Here are a few to consider:
- Meetings (in-person, phone, or video chat)
- Discussion boards
- Status reports
- Collaboration apps
- To-do lists
You need to know what's going on every step of the way we will monitor the process and communicate regularly. Having a team like ours ensures you are doing what's important in your business.
Completion and Deficiency Follow up
Your Project Manager wants to reduce any possible deficiencies and will work towards reducing them throughout the management of the project. At the end of the Completion phase our team will walk through the project site and assess any deficiencies and ideally address each of them before your final walk through and signoff on the completion of the project.
Reco Decoration Group Inc
100-2051 Viceroy Place,